Monday, December 23, 2013

Frilly jumper.

This jumper is one of my favorite. Frilly jumper from the book "A Stith in Time, Knitting and Crochet Patterns, 1920-1949 Vol.1"


It is one of the patterns which can be knitted like the original, retro, tight fitted jumper, or this way, more modern, loose version. And you can see on Ravelry, they are all beautiful. It is a pattern difficult to spoil.
To my surprise (shame on me that I didn't understand it before starting knitting) this pull is made in one piece. First I thought it was a mistake (instead of the stitches it was written the rows). 
As always, I had to do the modifications according to my gauge and yarn, and also I preffered to change the square neck line to more smooth round-shaped. 
Also I prefered not to knit the frills separately, so I change even the frills pattern. They are knitted in the round with the number of stitches multiple of 7.
Row 1: K7. 
Knit following 3 rows. 
Row 5: K6, yfwd, k1, yfwd.
Row 6: K9.
Row 7: K7, yfwd, k1, yfwd, K1.
Row 8: 11.
Row 9: K8, yfwd, k1, yfwd; K2.
Row 10: K13.
Row 11: K9, yfwd, k1, yfwd, K3.
Row 12: K15.
Change to half a size smaller needles
Row 13: P15.
Row 14: K15.
Row 15: P15 and cast off at the same time.
One row of reverse sc (crab stitch).




On the lower side of the body before making the frills I knitted 12 rows of Rib 2x2 with eyelets for the cord knitted within every 4 stitches.


No comments:

Post a Comment