Today I want to write down some notes about Cerisara cardigan (the topic starts here As soon as I finish the last stitch of my Mantella... ).
I didn't manage to follow the instructions. Even this time. In fact, I made a lot of changes.
- I knitted all the garment with 4.0 mm needles (at first, I tryed making the stocking stitch part with 4.5 mm, but it was too loose);
- I changed the direction and began knitting from the down of the back part, so the shoulders are perfectly equal and the lace pattern is not interrupted;
- for this reason the lace pattern had to be finished before joining together the back and front parts;
- I added a lot of stitches (74 for my size) once I’ve finished the lace part. It gives more volume as I don’t like when the garment is too adherent.
I like it how it is now. I think I'll knit another Cerisara for me, may be, with some stitches wider on the shoulder and simple finishing along the armholes.