Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"I pomeriggi della fine di agosto spesso sono freschi e preannunciano già l'autunno. La mise ideale per sognare ancora dell'aria salmastra sarà la mantella con la sua cascata di treccine e la lavorazione a grana di riso..." 
In this way Mani di Fata describes La mantella panna (check it here:  Now I'm struggling to finish this project before i... ).

April, 16, 27C° outside, my Mantella blue is knitted and sewed, only salty air is missing. 

This time I followed all the instructions, the only thing I've changed was the collar - I made it a little bit wider. 



At first I was not sure how to arrange it, I didn't want it to be too heavy, but after blocking I decided to make it double. I used the invisible vertical seam.





It took me a lot of time to complete this project as I couldn't use the circular needles (I broke them again and again as I knit too tightly). So at the end I had to abituate to normal needles and it was rather difficult to hold all 193 stitches on one needle. Now I look at the result and realise how big was this project. I'm very content about it. And it's a pity to restore it in the shelf. Even this year the spring (almost summer) has arrived suddenly.




No comments:

Post a Comment