Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cerisara Cardigan

Today I want to write down some notes about Cerisara cardigan (the topic starts here As soon as I finish the last stitch of my Mantella... ).

I didn't manage to follow the instructions. Even this time. In fact, I made a lot of changes. 
Let's see:
  • I knitted all the garment with 4.0 mm needles (at first, I tryed making the stocking stitch part with 4.5 mm, but it was too loose);
  • I changed the direction and began knitting from the down of the back part, so the shoulders are perfectly equal and the lace pattern is not interrupted;






  • for this reason the lace pattern had to be finished before joining together the back and front parts;
  • I added a lot of stitches (74 for my size) once I’ve finished the lace part. It gives more volume as I don’t like when the garment is too adherent.

I like it how it is now. I think I'll knit another Cerisara for me, may be, with some stitches wider on the shoulder and simple finishing along the armholes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment