Sunday, June 8, 2014

Umaro blanket.

The summer has arrived, but I love working with wool and alpaca yarn! I was so happy to hear that DROPS makes a 35% sale on all their wool yarns, and I decided to make the biggest order of my life. 
Several colors of my favorite Alpaca and Baby Alpaca Silk for sweaters:



Nepal for some hat and cowl, 



and a lot of Merino Extra Fine and Baby Merino for these baby blankets: 





And for these Umaro baby blanket (by Jared Flood), which was completed just 2 days ago

 http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Natie379/umaro

Here are some notes on this project:
Having read the comments on this yarn, I decided to experiment with the sample pattern, I had try with 4 mm and 4,5 mm needlesa and washed the samples several times to see how the yarn grows. 
At the end I cast on 119+13+13 st with 5 mm needles, which gave the blanket the effect of the lace shawl. I was going to repeat the pattern 9 times, but stopped after the 8th. I used a little bit less then 7 skeins, and the result is the soft, light and warm blanket. Hope it will resist washing. If not, I'll knit another one! 




No comments:

Post a Comment