Friday, March 10, 2017

Spring colorful coat.

The spring is coming and my son doesn't have any medium season coat. He is still small and can't decide what to wear. And this colorful red yarn (Tulipano 100% lana merino colorway 80) spent too much time in my stash. I had only 8 skiens, not enough for the sleeves. 

So I decided to make a kind of spring cleaning and make something colorful, but rather boyish. 
First I've knitted the back and front, and it was just enough yarn to knit a collar. So I started to try different stash yarns. The best was Peruanskaya Alpaca of Pehorka (colorway 876). I had 2 skeins. Held double, it was right for the gauge. 

After knitting the first sleeve I realized that the yarn was not enough. So,  I re-knitted the sleeve, omitting the scuffs. Completing the second sleeve I was ready to knit the ultimate part in other color, but fortunately, the yarn was just enough. 
For the scuffs I chose Garnstudio DROPS Lima (colorway 0701), which  was thinner then the main yarn, but it was even better for cuffs and i-cord finishing.


And this is it! I was asked about the pattern. I didn't use any pattern, just general measures. Maybe one day I'll publish this pattern, as it has it's peculiarities: different number of stitches for back and front, asymmetric sleeve shape, different back and front length. And I used short rows for the neck line, which is absolutely symmetric. Everything according to my meticulous personality(:
Let me know if you're interested in this pattern!






No comments:

Post a Comment