Sunday, March 16, 2014

Winter shopping in Moscow. Part II. Some presents...

As always, I couldn't resist buying some books for my daughter. I was trying to find re-editions of those I read myself in childhood, with the same illustrations (I still remember all of them), hope she would appreciate it. 

Some "literature" for me...


And this one is a great book our neighbour presented to me. "The Knitting Alphabet" by                 M.V. Maksimova (1990). There is a plenty of knitted techniques explained, including the short rows (I've never met it in other russian knitting books).


On the page of this book I recognised the models from the my mothers' little knitting library. It was a set of kind of postcards with one pattern on each of them edited early in 80's.


My favorite patterns.




No comments:

Post a Comment