Monday, February 20, 2017

Umbrian Tale

This is my new long awaited pattern. It has a long story. 
The first cowl and hat were knitted with DROPS Lima manufactured in 2014. 


Later I knitted another set with Lima manufactured in 2016. And there was a quite visible difference. 
To my opinion, the "old" Lima yarn is very close to "new" Nepal.
Since then I’ve knitted several garments with DROPS Lima and Nepal. Several versions of Umbrian Tale.

In this cowl ("old" Lima 0701) I used double rise stitch, the hat is a bit smaller.

This cowl is knitted with "new" Lima (9020).






















At the end I decided to write 2 versions of this pattern, adapted to DROPS Nepal and DROPS Lima. I knit very tightly,  for Nepal I used 7 mm needles to obtain 16 sts x 26 rows, for Lima – 6 mm needles to obtain 18 sts x 29 rows. You can go down at least 2 sizes to obtain the recommended gauge.

It’s very easy to variate the size of both cowl and hat adding some stitches in garter stitch or changing the number of main cable pattern repeats.
The other day I completed the ultimate hat (Lima 519) and this morning I was happy to publish my new pattern which you can find here:


This hat has an assymetrical cloche shape which looks cute and feminine. 
You can wear these cowl and hat together or separately, mix them with other garments.


For example I've knit grey hat to wear with yellow Byway scarf (pattern of Jared Flood).  



This set was knitted for one friend. She liked my original Umbrian Tale, but preferred simple double cowl in double rice stitch. Why not?




















No comments:

Post a Comment