Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Knitting books I have (for now)...

These are the books which made me change my opinion about illegible (how I used to think) old patterns. What a pitty that I haven't bought in time the first volume of "A stitch in time". It is out of print and there is a little hope there will be another edition. 


"My grandmother's knitting" is one of my favourites. Contains not only beautiful patterns, but also the articles about the designers with biographical fotos from their family's archieves. I liked a lot the colours  of "Keepsake scarf" by Rodger P. Murry, "Vintage gloves" by Robin Melanson and "Minerva bonnet" by Teva Durham has a brim made with particular technique I've never used before. 


"Brave new knits" has pushed me to start this blog. I'm not sure that my husband is still so happy about giving it to me as a present for the 8th of March.


The following books (translated in Italian) content a variety of knitting and crochet patterns.





No comments:

Post a Comment