Saturday, March 23, 2013

Yarns, threads etc.

The yarns I use are mostly the stock yarns used at knitwear factories. The local "mercerie" have rather poor choice of yarn (all italian, Lana gatto and Lana Mondial are more common), and using 1-2 pl yarn allows me to choose the number of piles for every concrete model. Also I can combine different colours and blends to find the texture I'm looking for. The labels are Lana gatto, Zegna Baruffa, Cariaggi and some others. The knitting accessories are also difficult to find. When I ask for something like 3,25 needles the sellers look rather surprised. Fortunately, I can find enything I need in numerous shops of Moscow, where I travel regularly to visit my parents.  The same I can say about the canvas and threads for cross-stitch. And now I'm planning to order a lowery stand by Siesta frames Ltd:

http://siestaframes.com/acatalog/Lowery_Stainless_Steel_Workstand.html

My cross-stitch supplies:


No comments:

Post a Comment