Friday, December 5, 2014

Baby blanket - Copertina verde.

To my surprise the photo of my recent WIP had a success after publishing it on Facebook. Some knitters had asked me for a pattern, so I decided to write it down. It is simple and quick, but still of a great effect. It was "inspired" by a pattern from Mani di Fata magazine, but after trying to knit the original slipped stitch pattern I gave up and found this simple leave stitch pattern in one of stitch dictionaries. 
The blanket is knitted with Garnstudio DROPS Merino Extra Fine yarn, using 4,5 straight needles (I knit very tightly). 

The pattern is:

Cast on 120 st.
Knit 10 rows in garter stitch
Continue knitting 6 st in garter stitch, 13 st in main pattern till the late 6 st, 6 st in garter stitch.
Then knit 10 rows in garter stitch. 
Make the necessary number of stripes and finish with 10 rows in garter stitch. 
Main pattern:
1, 3, 13 rows - Knit.
2, 4, 12, 14 rows - Purl.
Row 5: K2, yo, K3, K3tog, K3, yo, K2.
Row 6: P3, K3, P1, K3, P3.
Row 7: K3, yo, K2, K3tog, K2, yo, K3.
Row 8: P4, K2, P1, K2, P4.
Row 9: K4, yo, K1, K3tog, K1, yo, K4.
Row 10: P5, K1, P1, K1, P5.
Row 11: K5, yo, K3tog, yo, K5.

Then you can knit a border if you like. I'll knit one. 


8 comments:

  1. I am understanding that "yoke" is the same as "yarn over." Is that correct? Thanks for the pattern. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I'll correct it (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I'm bookmarking this for the next time I need to make a baby blanket!
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I casted on 120 stitches, when I completed row 5 I had a total of 4 stitches before the 6 for the border. I think I should have completed 8 stitches for the garter border, not 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too, but with the 6 garter stitches between each 13 pattern stitches, it comes out correct. I had to look at the photo to figure it out.

      Delete
  5. I just started knitting i will try this baby blanket if it comes right i give it to a charity shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size Is the baby blanket and how much wool do I need? Thanx for an answer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great pattern. I knit blankets for Newborns in Need and I try to vary the blankets that I donate. It's a good size and the pattern is repetitive enough for it to be a quick knit and it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete