Sunday, December 7, 2014

Scroll lace scarves.

Here is one of my favorite patterns, Scroll Lace scarf by Ysolda Teague. I'm so glad that finally I've decided to try it, and now I have two of them done already. And I would knit some others, as this pattern will look gorgeous with any yarn, gauge and color.
The first one I knitted for myself, it's a lighter version.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Natie379/scroll-lace-scarf
I used Cashwool 2/30 super melange RP yarn for machine knitting and larger needles size (6mm) as the yarn shrinks a lot after washing. Also for this reason I repeated the lace pattern 32 times instead of 28, and made more short rows on the main part. 
Also I knitted the main part in garter stitch, as it has more volume and looks better than my stockinette. 
To my shame it took me some time to stop doing mistakes and restart this shawl. May be it was for the blame of my numerous WIPs. 
I made one error - I’ve attached the yarn on the RS, so, that the picot border is on the WS. It looks nice as well. 
The shawl came out longer then the original, and I can turn it around my neck several times to show all the beauty of the lace part, using decorative pin to fix it.




The second shawl was intended to be warmer and bigger
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Natie379/scroll-lace-scarf-2

I've started it for myself, but now it belongs to my Mom. 
I used the mixture of Pexorka Peruanskaya Alpaca (50% alpaca, 50% wool) and Tricot Filati Superkid (80% mohair, 20% nylon). At first I've tried another pattern of Ysolda, Peaks Island Hood, but it wasn't made for me, and I used these yarns for my second Scroll Lace scarf. This time I used 5,5 mm needles.





1 comment:

  1. I love both versions. They are unique and look both elegant and usefully warm. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete