Friday, December 12, 2014

Milano sweater.

A week ago I finally finished this project - Milano sweater by Caroll Sunday.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Natie379/milano

I've started thinking over it in spring, and now it is ready to wear. I've tried it - the colors look great and it is very warm. 
For this sweater I chose Garnstudio DROPS Alpaca Mix yarn (100% alpaca, 167 m/50gr). It doesn’t have exactly the same colors, so I’ve ordered all the colors I liked and chose this combination. I was afraid to make a color combination which would become tiring, irritating, but still I like the colors. I think it's a right alternative for the original colors. 




I couldn't resist the temptation and started this project in May, knitting it now and then, as it is perfect for travel.
I didn't purchase the pattern as it was easy, and I was using different yarn. 
For the back I cast on 170, for the front - 182, later I decreased them on the front part of the neckline. I knitted 9 rows for one stripe instead of 8 rows. 

During summer months I knitted the front and the back part, and this November I "was ready" to finish the project.
I found online what does the “cable decreases” mean, finished the neckline, washed the main part and started the sleeves. Here I was hesitating whether to follow the pattern or make changes. 
Recalculated the sleeves, knitted half a sleeve, starting with the upper part. Honestly I don’t like the idea of long sleeve on boxy shaped sweater, and I don’t like the rib knitted with this yarn.


At the end I've knitted the wider and shorter sleeve with some rows in garter stitch instead of the rib. And I undone the rib on the main part replacing it with the same garter stitch. 
What else can I say - I like it(:
"Unfortunately", the idea of oversized boxy sweater on slim body cannot be appreciated a lot on me for now, so I have to wait some months to see if it looks really good on me. For now I'll ask my cousin to be my model. She is a bit taller, so the sweater and the sleeves looks shorter on her. 







No comments:

Post a Comment